Addiction is a mundane mental/physical disadvantage. The value this disadvantage depends on the cost, effects, and legality of the substance/drug
Per Day CostEdit
- Cheap (0.1% starting wealth): -5 points
- Expensive (up to 0.5% starting wealth): -10 points.
- Very expensive (> 0.5% starting wealth): -20 points.
- Incapacitating or hallucinogenic: -10 points.
- Highly addictive (-5 on withdrawal roll): -5 points.
- Totally addictive (-10 on withdrawal roll): -10 points.
A legal substance is +5 points.
It is referenced in Fantasy, p. 132, on nympholepsy; Magic, p. 92, in the description of the Relieve Addiction spell; Space, p. 220, on addiction to virtual reality, psionic contact, or direct pleasure stimulation; and Thaumatology, p. 63, on addiction to magic, and p. 94, on addiction to spiritual energies.
- On acquiring an Addiction
- On handling Alcoholism separately from Addiction
- On Addiction as a disadvantage that might conflict with another disadvantage
- On Addiction and Alcoholism using Will rolls rather than a self-control number