Altered Time Rate (sometimes nicknamed Accelerated Time Rate or Increased Time Rate) is a mental, exotic, advantage, described in Basic Set, pp. 38-39, and referenced in GURPS Martial Arts™, p. 42, on its very cinematic nature and alternatives to it, and in GURPS Powers™, pp. 41-42, on its suitability for speedsters and fast robots. On p. 42, GURPS Powers also gives the new special enhancement Super-Speed, and the new special limitation Non-Combat Speed.
- On its immense power 
- On it being the only way to get extra maneuvers, apart from spell effects that emulate it 
- On the importance of adhering to the trait description, not the name 
- ATR is "body", ETS is "mind" 
- On its use for actions, not reactions 
- On game balance influencing what it allows a character to do 
- On its effect on a character's next defense , 
- On its usefulness for Perception rolls 
- On why feints are disallowed 
- On its necessity for a speedster character 
- On it optionally affecting carried objects 
- Altered Time Rate (Accessibility, Only to take All-Out Defense following your normal turn, -40%) . Which, I'll note, is comparable to Defense Bonus 2 . As a special effect, you would get the benefits of AOD even if someone interrupted your "normal" turn with a Wait -- but as a compensating drawback, you wouldn't get any benefit from this trait on a turn in which you made an All-Out Attack.