Channeling is a mental, supernatural advantage, described in Basic Set, p. 41, and referenced in GURPS Banestorm™, p. 183, on speaking with spirits; GURPS Powers, p. 14, on suitable powers, and p. 186, on interaction with other supernatural advantages.
Since it works on "spirits" the Spirit Templates on B263 are important.
Affliction also has a base cost of 10 points
- Possession reduced to -80% would cost 20 points (a +200% enhancement to Afflict it) here is how:
- No Die Roll Required +100
- Accessibility, One Person Only -80
- Easily Resisted 4 -20
- No Memory Access -10
- Spiritual -20
- Hard to Use 2 -20 (Subject willing: +10 from Ghostly Possession Modifiers means a net +4
- Granted by (Other) -40
- Blood Agent -40%
- Changing it to a Will roll that the target can waive is Malediction +100% (maledictions also inherently "Affect Insubstantial" so that enhancement isn't needed)
- No Die Roll Required (afflicting the advantage doesn't require additional rolls once in the trance) is +100%.
- Reliable 3 +15%: to prevent effective skill from being reduced below 3, which could happen if penalties take you to Will 0, the absolute minimum.
This is a total of +415% to offset.
- Preparation Required (1 minute, -20%)
- Insubstantial Only -30%
- Melee Attack, Cannot Parry -35%
- Requires Concentrate -15%
- Fixed Duration +0% (lasts 3 minutes instead of margin minutes)
- 1/3 duration -10% (lasts 1 minute)
- 1/60 duration -35% (lasts 1 second)
"You are unaware of the world around you while you are in this state." Temporary disadvantages:
- Absent-Mindedness -15
Easily Resisted 4 -20% (using the suggested cap of 4 per PU8p13, a spirit who doesn't want to be given this advantage doesn't need to take it!)