B106 and P103
Melee-Capable can add parrying.
GURPS Magic 73 has Flame Jet Spell say "This attack may be dodged or blocked, but not parried"
- Can you also use All out Attack Strong and similar options with Jet? Exactly what is allowed?
- You can use any option that works with a melee attack. It's a melee weapon, in every sense. It just can't parry (but then, neither can some melee weapons).
- Uh, that wording seems to imply that it includes AoA (Strong), which is pretty weird, say, for flamethrowers, which are Jets too. Especially when we're talking about equipment-flamethrowers, not Powers.
- If you stand there and carefully hold the flame on target for a full second instead of dodging enemy attacks, you'll almost certainly do more damage with a flamethrower. It really makes no less sense than AOA (Determined) giving +1 to hit and thus letting you put more pellets or bullets on target.
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=722520&postcount=2 has Kromm mention All-Out Attack Jet "AOA (Jet)" for flamethrowers in High Tech and in this 2009 post also states
- a 10-yard melee weapon that cannot parry or be parried, and that inflicts only half damage past five yards
It is unclear if this was mentioned anywhere prior.
- By default any jet or cone attack can be 'left on' projecting a constant stream, anyone entering that steam will suffer the advantages damage, once per turn.
- If you want the attack to have the capacity to hit more often then once per turn you may have to play with some enhancements.
- If a jet cannot be 'always on' give it 'takes recharge: 1 second', or 'preparation required: aim manoeuvrer'. If the ability can be used every turn, but still not 'left on' I would be tempted to call that a quirk at best and would not provide any point reductions in cost.
Unclear what these are based on.