Magery is a supernatural mental Advantage where you are magically adept. It is required to learn/cast mana based spells in a low to normal mana area. The term for people with Magery is "mage"...even if they know no spells. The clerical equivalent is Power Investiture.
Levels of MageryEdit
Cost: 5 points for Magery 0, +10 points/level
Magery 0: You can make a sense roll when you first see a magic item, and again when you first touch it. The better the roll the more general information can gleamed from the item.
Magery 1+: Not only does this give a bonus to the Sense roll but it also makes it easier to learn spells. The level of magery adds to your IQ for learning spells: So a Magery 1 IQ 11 mage learns spells as if they were IQ 12. It also reduces learning time by 10% per level up to 40% reduction. Certain spells require a certain level of magery to learn.
Fractional Magery (1 point/level; max 5): This a special form of Magery (Path/Book) under the Limited Non-Mage Ceremonies rules.
- Partially Limited Magery
- Limited Magery 0
- Sanctity Replaces Mana - see Power Investiture
- Magic as Psionics
- Functions as a Different Talent - see Power Investiture
- Inspired Learning - see Power Investiture
- No Spell Prerequisites - see Power Investiture
- No Zero-Level Requirement - see Power Investiture
- Can't Maintain Spells
- Can't Use External Energy
- Costs Fatigue
- Ceremonial Magery
- Cyclical Magery
- Dance (-40%)
- Dark-Aspected (-50%)
- Day-Aspected (-40%)
- Easily Resisted Magery
- Enchantment-Only Magery
- External Sources Only
- Extravagant Rituals
- Fading Spell Effects
- Injurious Magic
- Limited Colleges
- No Magic Item Sensitivity - see Power Investiture
- One-Spell Magery
- Radically Unstable Magery
- Pact - see Power Investiture.
- Preparation Required
- Solitary (-40)
- Song (-40)