Reputation has four components:
- Reaction Modifier: +-5/level; maximum of -4/+4
- People Affected
- Nearly Everyone - x1
- Nearly Everyone except for one large group or class - x2/3 (round down).
- A large group or class - x1/2 (round down)
- A small group or class - x1/3 (round down)
- Frequency of Recognition
- All the time: x1.
- Sometimes (roll of 10 or less): x1/2 (round down).
- Occasionally (roll of 7 or less): x1/3 (round down).
It is possible to have more than one reputation, and reputations overlap. The total of these combinations cannot go below -4 or above +4.