Skills are traits that a character can learn giving them the power to do something competently. Skills can be improved with training or experience. They include the talents that identify a character archetype and are the attributes that allow you to test against for certain feats. Climbing, languages, gambling, haggling over prices, and socializing are all examples of skills.
B346 has rules for Taking Extra Time.
In general skill levels translate to:
- Unskilled (default users): 7 or less
- Feeble (beginners, humorous bumblers): 8-9
- Average (most non-job skills for ordinary folks): 10-11
- Competent (most job skills for ordinary folks): 12-13
- Exceptional/Expert (the most seasoned of ordinary folks): 14-16
- Heroic (extraordinary world-class experts): 17-19
- Master: 20 - 25; it is counter productive to go for a skill this high. Time (and points) is better spent in “subsidiary” skills, related advantages, or Techniques.
- Larger-than-Life (top experts from all of history): 20-21
- Legendary ("typical" mythic figures): 22-23
- Superhuman (outstanding mythic figures): 24-26
- Godlike (greatest mythic figures, gods, etc.): 27 or more
Skill Cost TableEdit
|Final Skill Level||Easy||Average||Hard||Very Hard|