ST measures the physical strength of an individual.
- pg421 "Shock, afflictions, and many other things can temporarily lower your attributes. ST reductions affect the damage you inflict with muscle-powered weapons."
- pg426 "This does not affect ST-based quantities, such as HP and damage"
Some historically strong individuals...
- 16: Harald Hardradi (p44)
- 14: Shaka Zulu (p96)
- 8: Joan of Arc (p54)
- 8: Aphra Behn (p64) Maria Merien (p68)
- 7: Ninon de Lanclos (p62)
ST 0 rules at http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/faq/FAQ4-3.html#SS3.1.5
ST 0 means you have Basic Lift 0 and can pick up nothing. If you have any encumbrance at all, even a gum wrapper, you collapse under its weight.
You also have 0 damage, and can't even shove a door open or push aside a cobweb.
However, you can walk and act, as long as your walking and acting doesn't involve doing anything other than moving your own body weight from A to B.
Thus, air and fire elementals (p. B262) can have ST 0 without being immobilized, but can also be kept out by any barrier they can't penetrate by seeping around or burning.
Note that overcoming air resistance, under normal circumstances, is considered negligible for game balance purposes.
- If a fighter’s ST is reduced to 0, he may not perform any actions without using extra effort (see p. 6).