The phrase touch-based Malediction appears on page 20 of GURPS Psionic Powers.
- When applied to an ability that works as a touch-based Malediction
- (e.g., Mind Probe, Neutralize, and Possession),
- this enhancement does not turn it into a true ranged attack.
- Instead, it becomes a Malediction that uses standard range
penalties (p. B550).
B106 designs Malediction to work with ranged abilities with 3 tiers:
- 100 is -1/yard like a Regular spell
- 150 is B550's Size/Speed range table
- 200 is B241's Long Distance
In this case Ranged changes these 3 abilities into the 150% middle tier.
To reduce it to the 100% version would require Short Range -10%